It’s been 1 year since I shared my first blog post. 365 days later and here I am. The journey has been fun and scary. I’ve learned so much and still have so much more to go. Thought that I would share with everybody how that year has gone. Some things better than other things but to me they have all been worth it. (plus continue reading to the end for details on a MEGA GIVEAWAY to celebrate!)
- First post published: 9/25/2016 titled “First Blog Post” (I know… I know.. I’ve gotten better at writing titles. )
- Since then I’ve written over 55+ articles. But I only started taking things more seriously a few months ago.
- My most popular post: Do’s and Don’t of Mixed Kid Hair Care.
- Second most popular: Cheat Sheet: Mixed Kids Hair Care- The Basics.
- Twitter Followers: 3,370+
- Instagram Followers: 830+
- Pinterest Followers: 540 +
- Monthly Pinterest Views: 53k-85k
- YouTube Followers: 7 (hey… I just started this! Lol)
- Facebook Followers/Page Likes: 440+
- Email Subscribers : 50+
- This month I rebranded from The Mixed Mama Blog to Mixed Family Life. This has been such a great decision and I am so happy about it. It is more inclusive (dads are welcome also!) and better representative of what I hope for this blog.
- I switched to being self-hosted through SiteGround (affiliate link) so now I own all my content! If you are thinking about it… do it! Check them out too because they helped me out of at least 3 sticky situations in my first week of rebranding.
- In August I reached my first “goal” I set for myself for viewers.
- Multiracial Media chose me to be the voice for a weekly hair care column on their site. They have over71k followers on Facebook!
- I’ve written a couple guest posts on Multicultural Kid Blogs. (here and here)
- Planning and organizing has become more important to me and has really helped me to start to take this blog where I want it to go. (Thanks Sal!)
- I finally made enough with my Amazon Affiliate sales that I received a check! A small one.. but still!
- Companies have reached out to me wanting me to review their products. ME! Little ol’ me. AND?! I freaking love them (Many Ethnicities, Bonsai Kids, and Righteous Roots)
- Made some great connections with other’s in this world of writing. (Sarah <3 )
Plans for the next year:
- Continue writing more and more good content. Minimally on a weekly basis.
- Conduct some interviews on my blog.
- Focus more on SEO and writing engaging titles.
- Build more Pinterest traffic.
- Finish my children’s book.
- Replace at least one pay check with income from my blog.
- Sell more t-shirts / apparel.
- Build my Etsy store up more.
- Start planning for my eCourse.
- Start planning for my in-person trainings.
- Kick Ass as a #momboss
There is probably more that I am forgetting but no matter what. It has been a fun year and can’t wait for the next to see what is to come. Would I love for this to bring in a full-time income? Of course. But if not it’s ok because I love doing it. I love writing and sharing tips & tricks with other parents.
Before I started this blog I felt lost. I felt like I lost Nicholette. Being a mother, counselor, wife, daughter, etc. took over who I am. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE being all those things but I forgot about myself. Mixed Family Life is mine. It is my creative outlet and I love it. I hope you do too.
The THANK YOU Giveaway:
Featuring hair products that we have been loving all year plus some diverse toys! If you want to see how we use them check out my YouTube Channel for some tutorials and/or click around my site. Please share with others!
Basics : Open 9/25/17 12:00a est to 10/1/17 12:00a est. Open to U.S Domestic Resident/mailing address entries. Will need mailing address once selected and verified so I can mail them to you. Will be shipped within the week after winner is verified. Entry gives me permission to share your First Name on social media (and your @handle if you want). Valued around $70. Not associated with Barbie (c) or Aussie (c). Sponsored by Mixed Family Life, Righteous Roots Kids, Many Ethnicities, and Bonsai Kids Hair Care. Full Terms and conditions listed on Rafflecopter.
Thanks for reading and cheers to another great year!
Check out my previous post –> One Hairstyle Multiple Looks – Make School Mornings Easier!